When Reporting a Student's Absence
To report a child’s absence, please leave a message for Linda Kalman on the attendance line anytime at (408)226-1886 ext. 304207. Be sure to leave a clear and complete message including:
- Students First and Last Name, Reason for Absence, Date of Absence, Your Name and Your Relationship to the child
- Every day of an absence requires parent/ guardian verification.
- Parent note upon return to school.
Excused Absences Include (All require parent verification)
- Professional Appointment ( Doctor, Dentist, Legal/Court etc.) need verification if one is provided for absence.
- Time with immediate family member who is in active duty in the uniformed services and has immediately returned from or is on leave from deployment or is being called to active duty, with the time determined at the Superintendent's discretion.
- Quarantine due to a contagious illness
- Death of a family member: 1 day for in-state; 3 days for out-of-state
- Religious events – Require 3 day notice.
- Illness verified with a doctor note.
Unexcused Absences include
- Leaving school without proper clearance from the office
- Missed the bus, car trouble, or bike trouble.
- Beauty or Barber shop appointments
- Family vacation
- Sporting event, Theater Event, etc.
Illnesses over 10% without a doctor's note are considered truant and truancy letter is issued.
Excused Tardies Include (All require parent verification)
- Professional Appointment (Doctor, Dentist, Legal/Court etc.)
- Religious Event
You are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the tardy bell:
- 8:05 A.M - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- 9:20 A.M - Wednesday
The following constitute as unexcused tardies:
- Missed bus, car trouble, or bike trouble
- Beauty or barber shop appointments
- Family Vacation
- Sporting events, theater events.
* Tardy: Tardies more than 30 minutes or more is a truant tary. A 1 hour after-school detention will be assigned to the student. A truancy letter is sent for 3 or more TD30 and/or unexcused absences.